- Best Practice Guide: Five Steps To More Proactive Resource Management
Five Steps To More Proactive Resource Management: Kimble Best Practice Guide 2
Consulting organizations don’t have to grow very large before resource management becomes complex. The threshold could be as low as twenty resources, but few would argue that effectively managing more than fifty consultants doesn’t present a huge challenge, particularly in the absence of suitable processes and technology. When you have hundreds or thousands, then you really have to be on your toes.
- Where is each of our consultants this week?
- How busy are they on billable work?
- Who are the next ones due to come off projects?
- What is the future demand by role, capability or seniority?
Questions like these are hard to answer because of the complexity that arises from the constant flux in consulting organizations. Matching supply and demand is tough when timescales, progress, and availability are constantly changing. It’s this flux which makes resource management for many organizations too reactive.
In this Best Practice Guide, we will provide a description of five easy steps to better and more proactive resource management.