Virtual Forum – RMI Connect: The Strategic Value of Resource Management
September 23-24, 2020
Kimble was a proud sponsor of RMI Connect.
Resource management (RM) is receiving increased attention as more companies realize the many benefits of better managing the supply and demand of human capital. As the current pandemic has disrupted our traditional ways of communicating, collaborating, and delivering services, the strategic value of RM has become increasingly clear, but industry adoption of what is needed to extract real value from RM is lagging.
RMI introduced RMI Connect, a virtual forum focused on examining the strategic value of resource management. RMI Connect identified the process and technology investments necessary for building and operating a successful approach to resource and workforce management. Kimble was featured on a technology panel alongside other industry-leading experts who discussed “The Strategic Value of Resource Management.”
RM Automation: Making Sense of What Users Want to Elevate Their RMO
- Digital transformation is shifting the thinking of business users from what is essential to what is possible with technology. This session reviewed what RMOs are doing with their automation, and what are some of the capabilities required to make RMOs more strategic to the organizations they support.
- TIME: September 24, 12:00 – 12:30 PM ET
- Presenter: Marc Lacroix, RMI
Technology Panel: The Strategic Value of Resource Management | Featuring Kimble
- Services automation is advancing rapidly, and resource management has been a key area of focus for technology vendors. Given the strategic value resource management can bring to an enterprise, software vendors are moving beyond the basics and introducing innovative capabilities for resource management. This panel of leading services automation vendors discussed what the future holds for RM automation and how this enabled RMOs to provide greater strategic value to their stakeholders.
- TIME: September 24, 12:30 – 1:30 PM ET
Managing Partner | RTM Consulting
Marc Lacroix is a managing partner of RTM Consulting with a proven track record in achieving professional services (PS) organizational growth and operations improvements in a variety of companies. Marc has extensive expertise in PS organizational strategy, delivery methodology development, resource management, professional services automation (PSA), and program/project management. Prior to joining RTM Consulting, Marc was the vice president of consulting and professional services for Convergys Corporation. His professional experience also includes his role as the senior director of customer and professional services for Cygent, Inc., a telecommunications-centric customer care and order management software company, as well as management consulting at Ernst & Young.
Co Founder | Kimble
Mark is a thought leader in the services industry, a serial entrepreneur with 30 years of experience. A co-founder of Kimble Applications in 2010, he has spent a great deal of time over the last decade advising the leaders of hundreds of services businesses and focusing on the challenges they face in a competitive industry.
Having begun his career as a management consultant, Mark went to work for Oracle Corporation in the early 90s and witnessed first-hand their rise from start-up to software giant.
In 1997, with no external investment, Mark founded Fulcrum Solutions and in just under three years it reached 200 staff, with offices in Edinburgh, Manchester, London, and New York. Fulcrum was acquired by Whittman Hart for cash and stock valued at $35M in November 1999.
Following the successful sale of Fulcrum, Mark co-founded a second consulting business, Edenbrook, this time with external investment. At the time of its acquisition in 2009 by Hitachi, Edenbrook had reached over 400 people based in the UK and India.