- Bishopsgate Financial: linking back office and sales to supercharge growth
Bishopsgate Financial: linking back office and sales to supercharge growth
Bishopsgate Financial is a specialist management consultancy in the financial sector. In 2011 they were looking to prepare to take the company to the next level of growth.
Liz Kent, Business Manager, says: “At the time we had a central team of five people and 40 consultants, many of whom were Associates. As a company, we wanted to set ourselves up in the best way possible to grow rapidly. We wanted a real time view of where the business was and a slick way to automate systems such as expenses, so that consultants could concentrate on doing their jobs, rather than admin.”
Overcoming its business hurdles
As Bishopsgate Financial used many Associates, keeping track of data such as timesheets and expenses was a big job.
“We were using more than 20 spreadsheets,” says Liz, “and timesheets were handcrafted, printed and sent out. It was a real headache. We looked at several Professional Services Automation tools and nothing came close to Kimble. We were one of their first clients and it was a real pleasure dealing with the Kimble team.
“The app has an excellent user experience and looks great, which is important when you need everyone in the company to embrace using it. You can tell that it’s been designed by people who come from a professional services background themselves as it’s perfectly set up to meet our needs.
“The fact that it is built on the Force.com platform gives us peace of mind when it comes to data security and we can relax knowing that all our information is being backed up. So we really get the best of both worlds; the benefits of a well designed, innovative app with personal service from Kimble, and the security of the Salesforce platform.
“Kimble have actually developed features we’ve asked for over the years. For example, we requested the option to have external timesheet approvers and also the ability to draw on a purchase order for certain services and this is now available in the core product, which has been brilliant.”
The outcomes for Bishopsgate Financial
Using Kimble has brought benefits to many different parts of the business:
- It’s shaved on average ten days off how long it takes to report at month end;
- Sales invoices go out within three days of the service being delivered and are also more accurate as they are automated. This has dramatically improved the business’s cash flow;
- It’s easy to report to clients how much money they have spent on a project or how many days have been worked to the previous day, rather than the previous month end, which client’s appreciate;
- Management information reporting, powered by Kimble, are within one per cent of month end accounts due to the accuracy of Kimble’s forecasting.
- Kimble has streamlined processes between the sales team, allowing them to link up with delivery.
Liz says: “It’s easy for anyone selling to use the delivery side to book people on projects and work out days and utilization. The fact that Salesforce integrates with Outlook means that anyone can see the different conversations underway and back office can see what’s been agreed with clients. We can also see end dates on a real time basis, which is really important to us. Previously we had to manually calculate them on a spreadsheet which was prone to errors. Now it’s all completely transparent.”
Liz concludes: “Bishopsgate Financial has grown and we’re using Kimble to manage over 100 people. We were also proud to be named number four in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2013. While many of our engagements start with a chat with the client and finish with an invoice being exported to Sage, every step in between is done on a single tool – Kimble. It’s transformed the way we work.”