- Current Opportunities
- Senior Salesforce Developer
Location: UK, US | Function: Product Engineering
Senior Salesforce Developer
Kimble is a professional services automation (PSA) solution which streamlines business processes, drives cost efficiencies and delivers the engine for business growth.
Kimble’s PSA software enables the holistic management of your entire professional services business, rather than the traditionally narrow focus on operations, sales, or delivery solutions. In a single product, Kimble provides the combined functionality of separate resource management solutions, PSA software, T&E, and financial reporting systems, dramatically reducing process complexity and boosting business. Kimble is the only genuinely integrated professional services automation solution that provides support for all key business processes.
Kimble functions as an advanced business analytics platform, giving you superior insight with real-time diagnostics and KPI reporting, which gives instant visibility into the health of your business and allows you to better plan and control your future. From sales, through delivery, to billing, Kimble will measure and accurately report your current and projected performance and facilitate the appropriate adjustments in resourcing.
Kimble is the only PSA tool designed by experts from within the industry. Our rich understanding of business needs and the broader professional services business environment has been critical to the success of Kimble’s product design, implementation, and after-sales support.
Kimble has the potential to revolutionize your business processes and resource planning, providing the engine for future business growth.
As a Senior Software Developer within Kimble’s Product Engineering team, you will be responsible for the ongoing design, build and maintenance of the application components required to support Kimble’s PSA solution. Kimble is built using Salesforce technology and delivered on the Salesforce force.com platform.
This hands-on role involves working closely with the Kimble Product Management team to scope, plan, design and develop new Kimble PSA features, alongside investigation of issues escalated from our customer support team, identifying root cause, and implementing fixes as part of core product development.
As a senior software developer, you will own aspects of our solution, working to ensure we can meet our ongoing commitment to customers to continue to release innovative and engaging new features and enhancements.
- Working as part of an experienced software development team to manage and take a hands-on role in the development of our application
- Following and contributing to Kimble’s patterns and practices for use of the Salesforce platform to deliver and maintain Kimble features
- Investigation of issues escalated from our customer support team, identifying root cause and implementing fixes as part of core product development.
- Working with Kimble Product Management to analyse requirements, understand and develop user-stories and designing features and functionality to meet the needs of our customers.
- Taking responsibility for the end-to-end design and delivery of key functional areas in our application
- Optimisation of Apex logic and SOQL statements.
- Supporting the development of the overall solution architecture, focusing on performance and process improvement.
- Deploying rapid prototyping to quickly envision the challenge and credibly propose solutions to complex challenges
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in design and implementation across all layers of web-based SaaS solutions
- Taking effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery
- Clearly communicating technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations
- Experience of working in a consulting or project delivery environment, specifically working on a software solution
- At least five years’ experience in software development
Whilst previous development experience on the Salesforce force.com platform would be an advantage, we are also keen to work with developers who are interested in moving from “more traditional” technical backgrounds onto Salesforce1 and Force.com technologies.
Successful candidates will be EITHER:
Software engineers with experience of all aspects of the whole development lifecycle on the Salesforce platform, including data model design, development and debugging.
Be from more ‘traditional’ technical backgrounds with the following experience:
- Experience designing and developing dynamic web sites based either on Java or Microsoft platforms (Java servlets, JSP pages, ASP.NET etc) ideally in an enterprise-scale application
- Experience of Object-Oriented development either on a J2EE or .NET platforms, and of querying SQL databases
- Experience of integrating with cloud applications, e.g. Amazon, Google
We expect a senior software developer to also have experience in:
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller design pattern
- Experience defining and contributing to best-practice (e.g. defining a blueprint for a particular area, guidelines or re-usable component), within the organisation
- Experience of development lifecycle, e.g. test driven development
Competitive Benefit Offerings
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the country for which they are applying
- Kimble operates pre-employment background checking