Growth is the Business X Factor;
US Employees are Obsessed with Working for Growing Companies
One out of five U.S. employees would move anywhere in the world if it meant working for an exciting, growing organization, according to a new survey report from Kimble Applications.
BOSTON, MA – May 15, 2019 – Everyone wants to grow their careers, but according to a new survey report released today by Kimble Applications, American workers enthusiastically want to help grow the organization they’re working for as well. According to Kimble’s Business Growth Report, 85 percent of U.S. full-time employees care about the growth of the organization that they work for, and most employees (86 percent) believe that they will grow more professionally if the organization that they’re working for is also growing. What’s more, 66 percent of U.S. employees say that the growth and success of their employer directly contributes to their personal happiness.
In fact, more than two-thirds (69 percent) of U.S. full time employees would rather work longer hours at a growing organization than 9-5 at a stagnant organization. This is something that business leaders should be very attentive to, especially as more than a quarter of employees (27 percent) have quit a job because they felt that the organization wasn’t growing fast enough. In fact, one out of five U.S. employees (21 percent) would move anywhere if it meant working for an exciting, growing organization.
And while more than half of full time employees would be more apt to accept a job offer if they felt that the work was “more meaningful” than their current position, 86 percent of employees agree that if the work they’re doing is meaningful to them, they’re more willing do whatever it takes to help their organization grow.
“In today’s startup heavy ecosystem, it’s no surprise that US employees want to work for growing companies, but the findings from our survey should make stagnant organizations incredibly worried,” said Mark Robinson, co-founder of Kimble Applications. “What we know is that employees are eager to help their organizations grow and want to feel like they’re directly contributing to the success of a company. If an organization doesn’t recognize these efforts and communicate corporate growth appropriately, they may experience high employee turnover and in turn, stunt its own growth.”
Additional stats from Kimble’s Business Growth Report include:
- Most employees (80 percent) know that the work they do on a daily basis directly impacts the growth of their organization
- When it comes to company growth, US employees believe that the organization’s leadership (38 percent) and employee productivity (32 percent) are the biggest contributors
- Most employees are influenced by communication; 45 percent said that they would feel more invested in their organization’s growth if leadership was sharing updates more often while 42 percent said they might be if the right information was being shared
- Overall, career growth potential is the number one reason people would stay at a growing organization vs. taking a new position at a more established organization
- Only 22 percent of U.S. employees would NOT relocate for a job with an exciting, growing organization
- More than half (53 percent) of U.S. full time employees define meaningful work as “work that’s a passion of theirs,” followed by “making the world a better place” (35.5 percent)
- While 35 percent of respondents said “to get paid” was the primary reason they do the work that they do, 26 percent said it was “to advance their personal career,” 19 percent said it was “to feel fulfilled,” and 17 percent said it was “to help their organization grow”
For additional data and takeaways, the full Business Growth Report can be downloaded here.
The findings are based on a survey conducted through Pollfish on March 19th, 2019 of 1,000 full-time employees in the United States, ages 18 and over.
About Kimble Applications
Kimble Applications helps professional service organizations run their project-based businesses better. Global leaders in consulting, software and hi-tech such as NTT Data, TCS, Sage and Canon use Kimble to optimize resource utilization, profitability and business scalability. Kimble is the only leading software vendor that focuses exclusively on professional services automation (PSA), putting all its energy into innovating features and easy-to-use functionality that improve team collaboration and efficiency around the key services processes. Built to work seamlessly with CRM, Kimble drives a forward-looking focus and more timely decision making with intelligent insights and guidance.
Kimble was recently named to the Financial Times’ list of Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
For more information on Kimble Applications, please visit www.kimbleapps.com.